• Is your organization not as effective as it could
• Does your team keep revisiting the same issues
over and over again, even after a decision has allegedly been made?
• Are you having trouble forming effective coalitions,
or are you in a coalition that just doesn't seem to get anything
• Are the conflicts between the power centers in
your organization growing and are they out of control?
• Are your organization's mission and the staff's
roles and responsibilities clearly defined?
• Do you have a proactive plan for making your organization
stronger and more effective over the next few years, or are you
too busy reacting to each crisis as it arises?
If any of these problems plague your organization, JBA can help.
Whether you need a good facilitator for intra-group or inter-group
meetings, help hiring a new executive director or other staff, or
drafting a strategic plan, Joel's thirty-plus years of experience
and superior facilitation skills can make the difference for you.
Facilitation and Organizational Development
- Facilitating the development of coalitions around common policy
agendas among environmental groups in Oregon, Montana and Wyoming.
- Helping the Arizona League of Conservation Voters and Vermont
Alliance of Conservation Voters work through crises of leadership
and hire new executive directors.
- Facilitating an effort by Tennessee Forest Advocacy that re-focused
their work and formed an effective coalition that is producing
positive results on forest policy.
- Facilitating a meeting of Nevada conservation groups to resolve
differences on wilderness and water policy and build trust among
the disparate groups.
- Working with the Center for Biological Diversity and other Arizona
environmental groups to develop a common strategy on a proposed
ballot measure and re-build trust among the groups.
- Consulting on hiring executive leadership for the Pennsylvania
League of Conservation Voters, Conservation Voters New Mexico,
Maryland League of Conservation Voters, Nevada Conservation League,
Florida Conservation Alliance, and Colorado Conservation Voters.